Thursday, August 6, 2009

Trustworthy Christians

Ever play the "let's see who can hit the softest" game. When I was young, my dad played this with me. He'd say, "Son, let's see who can hit the softest. You go first." Then he would lower his shoulder in front of me so I could get a good shot at his bicep and I would ever so slightly touch his arm with my fist, hitting him with all the force of a feather.

Then I would expose my bicep (all 10 inches of it) for him to hit. He proceeded to punch me in the arm really hard and laugh out loud while saying, "You win!"

Needless to say, I don't play that game with my Dad anymore.

I had a hard time trusting him to play fair after that.

Yesterday I was reading 1 Corinthians 4:1,2

The Contemporary English Version says, "This is how you should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. (2) Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy."

TRUSTWORTHY

The Apostle Paul is saying that as Christ followers, we should be servants and stewards. In other words, serve God by serving people and be responsible in how we represent God.
Christians need to be trustworthy.

It makes me wonder, can people trust me as a Christian? If I say something about the love of God, have they seen that through me? If I tell someone about about God's mercy, have I lived that out? If I tell someone that Jesus will change their life, have they seen a changed life in me.
How have I represented God?


Am I a trustworthy Christian?
Are you?



8 comments:

  1. Great questions! If people can't see it in me then they won't listen to what I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Luis, it's what we say with our actions that people really hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT WILL DEEPFRY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PJ i think u are a trustworthy christian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh yes, food for thought....and fat free at that !Gods word is pretty awesome.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. MUCH BETTER THAN ROAD KILL

    ReplyDelete
  8. MAN OF GOD MAN OF GOD THATS WHAT YOU ARE
    JIM RILEY

    ReplyDelete