Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Be The One

ONE is the loneliest number that you'll ever.....
Sorry, got caught up in that old Three Dog Night song.

ONE. The lowest positive number in mathematics.

ONE. Not a big number by any means.

Think about it terms of money. ONE dollar didn't mean much until Ronald created his dollar menu. (anybody else notice that they took the double cheeseburger off and put the "McDouble" on. Like we're not gonna notice that there is only ONE slice of cheese? Come on!)

ONE.

This past summer while preparing a message for some students, I started thinking about the power of ONE. And I started trying to think of how many times ONE person (with God) made a huge difference.

Think about Noah. ONE man found grace in the sight of the Lord and preserved the human race.

Moses. ONE man led the Israelaites out of captivity.

Isaiah. God said "whom shall i send and who will go for us?" ONE man said, "Here am I! Send me."

David. ONE kid killed Goliath.

Daniel. ONE righteous man prayed to God when told not to and was thrown into the Lion's den.

Peter. ONE man told Jesus, "Tell me to come to you on the water." and he walked on water.

10 Lepers were healed by Jesus and only ONE came back to say thanks.

ONE young lad shared his lunch and Jesus used it to feed over 5000 people.

Are you getting this? ONE can be powerful!


ONE sinned and since that time, every human now sins.

ONE can also have a negative impact.

But just as sin entered the world through ONE, ONE overcame the sin of the world (Jesus).

I believe that God is searching the world for those that would faithfully and fearlessly serve Him.

You see the power of ONE when God is in the equation.

YOU have the potential to make a huge difference!

What kind of influence will you be?

What is God asking YOU to do for Him?

Will you be the ONE?

2 comments:

  1. One with God, has proven to be huge to me. Recently, I have made the decision to support someone in a needed change when I could have said no and walked away, (and almost did)because of how difficult and painful the process may be... I could only do this with God who strengthens me! Already there has been a change and gratitude that is due only to God. Because of Gods grace and strength, lives have been saved on several levels.
    Being an influence with God as your leader, strength and father is an amazing way to be an influence in someones life. And I am pretty sure you will see beautiful changes in yourself as well, I know I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can feel scary. Truth is we are never alone. Two can be deceived. Three strands are not easily broken.

    ReplyDelete